Many teams use burn down charts to track how they are progressing throughout a sprint. However, burn downs are somewhat limiting as they only show you when work is completed (too often towards the end of sprints) and don't provide enough granular information to help you avoid problems before they impact your delivery.
With Ticket/Story Points Flow (named Sprint Flow in the example below), you can track exactly how tickets are progressing throughout a Sprint, which enables you to spot potential risks to meeting your Sprint goals (e.g. a bottleneck forming in QA, delays to work going into development, or a bottleneck forming with the PO for sign off). This provides you with the same level of detail as a burn down in that you can see how much work is Done, but you can also see the journey the work is taking from To Do to Done. And lastly, you can track an increase/decrease in the scope of the Sprint by seeing how each of the vertical bars grow or shrink over time.
In the example above, you can see a daily breakdown of how your work progresses over the sprint.
If you hover over a bar, you will see a breakdown of how many tickets were under each status, and click the number to drill down into the data.
Setting up Ticket/Story Points Flow to track your Sprint Flow
1) Click add a metric in the top right by the date picker. Under Delivery, select Ticket Flow or Story Points Flow and add it to your dashboard.
2) Once it's on your dashboard, open the metric by clicking Explore, and then go into the metric settings (the little gear icon ⚙️ in the top right).
3) Next, you can use the Filters to remove any unwanted data. For example, if you only want to look at Bugs, Stories and Tasks, then you can select the Issue Type filter and then select only those Issue Types that are meaningful for you and your team.
4) Next, in the Sprint Override section below Filters, select which Sprint you want to look at. You can choose the current Sprint, the last Sprint, or select a specific Sprint in the past.
5) Click Save and the chart will refresh showing you a Sprint Flow for your chosen sprint and the other filters you selected.